These were the small little Christmas gifts that I prepared for my closed colleagues. I baked 2 cupcakes, one was cream cheese and another one was chocolate lava or molten cake.
Pink Cream Cheese Cupcakes
Ingredients: (yield about 20 cupcakes)
345 gm butter
100 gm caster sugar
300 self-raising flour
60 gm toasted ground almond
150 ml fresh milk with some pink coloring
Filling: Mix all the fillings together till smooth.
225 gm cream cheese
3 tbsp caster sugar
150 gm rasins
45 gm whipping cream
1.5 tsp vanilla essence
1. Cream butter with sugar till creamy.
2. Add in egg and cream till well mixed.
3. Add in self raising flour, ground almond and fresh milk alternately till finished.
4. Prepare cupcake holders. Scoop some batter into cupcake holder then scoop some filling in the center and top up with some batter.
5. Bake at 175C for about 20 mins or till cooked.
6. Remove from oven and cool on wire rack.
Chocolate Lava or Molten Cake
Recipe from Aunty Yochana’s blog.
Ingredients: (yield about 10 cupcakes)
4 egg yolks
130 gm butter
70 gm Sugar
200 gm chocolate - melted
40 gm cake flour
10 gm cocoa powder
1. Melt chocolate and butter over hot water.
2. Whisk eggs, egg yolks and sugar till creamy.
3. Add in melted chocolate mixture into the egg mixture.
4. Sift in flour and cocoa powder and fold in the mixture.
5. Pour into greased cup moulds till 3/4 full. Refrigerate till the chocolate mixture sets.
6. Bake in hot oven at 210C on water bath for 15 mins.
Note: Please do not overbake the cakes otherwise the center will not be flowy.
The cream cheese cupcake is very soft and moist, I love the combination with the cream cheese filling. For the chocolate lava or molten cake, I do not have chance to taste as the bakes were just nice for me to distribute. I will definitely bake both again in future.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.