Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Non Bake Oreo Cheesecake
My dear husband’s birthday was 2 months after I started my baking journey. Since I have started to bake, of course I must bake the birthday cake myself for him. As I have no much baking experience then and I want this cake to be good since it was his special day. Thus I surf through all the food blogs to look out for those recipes which are easy to make and yet with a lot of positive reviews. Finally I decided that I should go for this Chilled Cream O Cheesecake.
I was not sure how to decorate the cake and since this is the surprise cake for dear husband, I do not want to get help from him. Thus, I just piped out of shape rosette and decorated with some slice kiwi since I can't find any strawberry in the supermarket.
Recipe from Aunty Yochana Blog with some modification
150 gm Digestive Biscuits - crushed with roller
80 gm melted butter
Mix them together and press into an 8" springform tin. Chill it.
Cream Cheese Filling:
250 gm Cream cheese
50 gm Icing sugar
1 Tbsp Maple Syrup
60 ml milk
1/4 tsp vanilla essence
10 Oreo cookies - chopped coarsely
260 ml whipped cream - whipped till medium peak
1 Tbsp gelatine powder + 70 gm water (mix together)- microwave
Some extra crushed Oreo Cookies for sprinkling on top
1. Beat cream cheese with icing sugar till well combined.
2. Add in fresh milk and mix till well combined. Add in gelatine mixture and mix well.
3. Fold in whipped cream and divide mixture into 2 portions.
4. Fold in chopped Oreo cookies into 1 portion and maple syrup and vanilla essence into the other portion.
5. Pour in the white portion into the chilled biscuit base. Level the cream cheese filling and put it into the fridge to let it set.
6. Pour the Oreo cream cheese filling onto the set white cream cheese. Level it and then sprinkle some crushed Oreo cookies on top.
7. Put into the fridge to let it set.
8. Slice and serve chilled.
Although the cake is not pretty due to my lousy decoration skill but this cake is truely yummy, taste like ice-cream and yet easy to make. This is definitely a keeper. I will make this cake again for give away because this cake will impress most people.
Posted by Bakericious at 5:51 AM
Labels: Birthday Cake, Cake (Non Bake), Cheese Cake, Oreo Cake
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.