Tuesday, January 12, 2010
Orange Cream Cheese Cupcakes
I have seen the beautiful colorful cupcakes in some recipes so decided to bake some for my dd. I have flipped through all my cupcake recipes and decided to use the Lemon Cream Cheese Cupcakes from Held by Love, Baked from Scatch because the comment for this cupcake is so good. I do not have any lemon left so I replaced by orange and double the ingredients to bake some non-colorful version for my colleagues and also to bring to my mum’s place.
Recipe taken from Held by Love, Baked from Scatch with some modication.
260g cake flour
1 tsp baking soda
1 tsp baking powder
260g cream cheese, at room temperature
270g butter, at room temperature
200g castor sugar
1 whole orange grated rind
4 eggs, at room temperature
2 tablespoon orange juice
1. Preheat oven to 175 Degree C and line muffin pan with paper cups.
2. Sift cake flour, baking soda and baking powder into a mixing bowl. Set aside.
3. Cream butter and cream cheese until light and creamy for 8-10 minutes.
4. Add castor sugar and continue to mix until light and fluffy.
5. Beat in eggs, one at a time.
6. Stir in orange and orange juice.
7. Finally, fold in sifted flour into mixture.
8. Separate the batter according to the number of food colouring you have, and add in the food colouring. Spoon a bit of each different coloured batter into each muffin cup, until about 3/4 full.
9. Bake for 20 – 25mins or till an inserted skewer comes out clean.
10. Remove the pan from the oven. Rest for 10 minutes before removing the cupcakes from the pan. Cool on wire rack.
Probably I have over folded the batter due to the adding of colors, the rainbow cupcakes turned to be slightly dry. Everyone can't taste the cream cheese, most thought it was just a orange cupcake. Anyway the non-colorful version are nice, soft and fluffy, will definitely bake again.