Monday, March 1, 2010
After seeing all my baking, my sis is intersted to join in as well. She was so keen to buy all the baking stuff but I stopped her, afraid her interest will last only for 3 mins especially she has hectic working schedule. Told her she should come over to my place to experience on the baking 1st before buying the baking stuff. It is really wasteful if the baking stuff become white elephant. However due to the CNY period, this plan has been delayed.
Since dear daughter has requested for cupcakes so I brought the necessary baking utensils and ingredients over to my mum's place on Sat and demo to my sis on this chocolate cupcakes recipe that I think is simple and easy, of course I let her hands on too.
My sis said is seem easy to bake cakes and looked at her face, I know she is going to start buying the baking utensils soon. :)
Ingredients: Makes 23 cupcakes
100g Butter, softened
200g Sugar (reduced to 150g)
3/4 tsp Vanilla essence
1/2 cup(125ml) milk
1 tsp Baking soda
1/2 cup Boiling water (with 1 tsp Instant Coffee powder)
a pinch of Salt
3 tsp Baking powder
40g Cocoa powder
1. Sift flour, salt, baking powder and cocoa powder in bowl. Dissolve baking soda in milk.
2. Cream butter and sugar until light. Add essence and eggs, continue beating.
3. Add in the rest of the ingredients (milk, coffee liquid and flour ingredients), beat till smooth.
4. pour batter into paper cases to 3/4 full.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 160C for about 20 mins or until skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
The cake is light and fluffy and not sweet at all, probably due to I have reduced the sugar further, next time I will just stick to 200g or reduce only 20g. For 150g, the cupcakes need some icing to taste better.
Posted by Bakericious at 1:05 PM
Labels: Cake (Baked), Chocolate, Chocolate Cake
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.