Saturday, March 27, 2010
Non Bake Mixed Merries Yogurt Cake
This cake was made for my friend SL andd was a belated birthday cake :P Her birthday was last week but I am not able to meet her up so it had dragged for a week. Hope she dun mind.
As I had baked quite many cakes (for my standard) for the past 1 week, thus I decided to do a non baking cake which is more easier for me to handle after work. I referred to my previous Non Bake Kiwi Yogurt cake and did some modification.
Recipe for 6" cake tin.
100g digestive and marie biscuits, finely crushed
50g butter, melted
Mix them together and press into an 6" springform tin and chill for minimum 2 hours.
140 mixed merries yogurt
140ml mixed merries low-fat yogurt drink
150ml non-diary whipping cream
1 tbsp lemon juice
3 tbsp castor sugar
3/4 tbsp gelatin
some grapes diced
1. Dissolve gelatin and sugar with water. Set aside to cool.
2. Beat yogurt, UHT yogurt drink and lemon juice until well blended. Add cooled gelatin solution and mix well.
3. Whip the non-diary whipping cream till mousse state.
4. Add the yogurt mixture to the whipped cream and mix well.
5. Spread around the diced grapes on the biscuit base and pour in the mixture.
6. Put in freezer for about two hours or put in the chiller overnight.
For Pipping :
50ml whipping cream
some purple coloring
Mixed both and whisk until stiff.
The cake taste quite nice and refreshing, however I will take note in future to put the cake in chiller instead of freezing it cos the cake texture became very icy after freezed.
Posted by Bakericious at 7:05 AM
Labels: Birthday Cake, Cake (Non Bake), Fruits Cake, Yogurt Cake
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.