I love the chocolate cheesecake that I had baked previously, everyone raved about it. Especially one of my colleague who is a small eater, ate 3 slices at one go, she must be love it so much that she asked for more serving.
So I decided to use this recipe but I reduced the cream cheese and cocoa powder cos I am afraid the cake might be too strong and thick for kids. I dun wan her to have sore-throat after eating my cake :p.
I probably didn't wrap the cake tin with aluminum foil properly, the water seeped in while baking. Next time I think I better be kiasu to double wrap the cake tin with aluminum foil. The cookies base must be soggy cos of this, hope it won't affect the cake much :(.
Recipe adapted from Honey Bee Sweet with some modification.
Ingredients : (for 6" cake tin & 2 cupcakes)
100g Oreo Cookies (minus the creme), crushed
30g unsalted butter
250g cream cheese, room temperature
90g caster sugar
60g chocolate, chopped
60g whipping cream
15g cocoa powder
15g cake flour
6 oreo cookies, crush coarsely
Chocolate Ganache :
100g chocolate, chopped
60g whipping cream
1. Melt the butter and mix together to the crushed oreo cookies. Press the mixture into the cake tin base, baked for 10 mins and cool it then chill for later use.
2. Heat up the whipping cream and add in the chopped chocolate and stir till mix well and smooth.
3. Preheat the oven to 160°C. Pour some water to the base of the baking tray to create a water-bath. Wrap the base of the cake pan with aluminum foil to protect the water from sipping in.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and sugar till fluffy. Add the eggs one at a time and beat again till combined.
5. Add chocolate mixture and stir well. Lastly, sift in the cocoa powder and cake flour and combine till mixture is smooth and add in oreo cookies.
6. Pour the batter into the prepared cake pan with the cookie base. Bake in the oven for 45 to 50 minutes (I baked the round cake for 35 mins and cupcakes for 15 mins). Making sure not to over bake, the center of the cake should still be a little "wobbly" when done.
7. Remove from oven and let cool for awhile.
8. Boil the chocolate, whipping cream and butter until mix well and smooth.
9. Pour onto the cake and let it cool completely before refrigerating. Chill for at least 4 to 6 hrs before serving.
The cake is rich, creamy and chocolately, as good as my previous chocolate cheesecake. E sms me and said the cake is very nice, her daughter love it and the guests who ate the cake also gave thumbs up. Yipee, another keeper.
WOW! Looks so pretty and yummy. Next time can bake one for me? ;DDReplyDelete
Very pretty cake, Jess! Yummy, I would like to have a slice of your cheesecake too! It's nicely decorated too! Ah, I can related to the "water seeping" in incident too! I've "kana" before. Heehee... *sshhhh*ReplyDelete
OMG! What a lovely cake.ReplyDelete
This is a very lovely, rich & yummy cake all kids and even adults will like it! *thumbs up*ReplyDelete
A utterly sinful chocolate treat!ReplyDelete
This is beautiful and it must be tasted yummy too!ReplyDelete
Hi ann thanks and of course no prob to bake one for u but hor, u are better baker than me, so much better, I am shy to 班门弄斧 lei hee hee hee...ReplyDelete
Thanks Jane, chocolate and cheese lover wil definately like this cake, do try it. Is so frust when seeing the water seeping in, argh!ReplyDelete
Hi Evy, Jess, Angie and Sonia :).ReplyDelete
Oh Jess, is it Oreo season? Love your oreo cheesecake and butter cake so much. Hmmm...mm... Yumm.... And not to forget about those yummilious chocolate cookies as well. Drooling! ^_^ Hope you're having a pleasant evening.ReplyDelete
Yes Kristy, cos I bought 3 boxes of oreo cookies, one flavour each, classic, strawberry & the new launch blueberry soda ice cream flavour hee hee hee... Same to u, ve a nice wkend!ReplyDelete
Hey, Jess! Aiya ... A little sore throat once in a while is worth it for this decadent cheesecake of yours! Haha! How I wish I could have had a slice of this chocoholic's treat! =(ReplyDelete
Yea, I've been kiasu in wrapping the cake pan up with foil too! Haha! I don't wanna flood my cakes! That's why, we perfectionists are so hard on ourselves ... =_="""
How I wish I can really have a slice of this cheesecake now ... *Sigh*
oreo base + chocolate cheesecake + chocolate ganache is such a deadly combo. looks superbly luscious and chocolately! looks like a must have for chocolate lovers. lovely =]
Pei Lin, u can bake urself one since u are an expert baker too. If not I can bake u one if I am going KL :).ReplyDelete
Hi Bakertan, I agreed with you totally :).ReplyDelete