This was made for my elder SIL's home party which she invited more than 20 guests. I increased the ingredients and prepared 2 big tubs.
Recipe adapted from Table for Two or More.
5 cups thinly julienned carrots
3 red apple, cut into thin matchsticks
3 green apple, cut into thin matchsticks
3 orange, segmented
2 smallish lemon, juiced
6 heaped Tbsp mayonnaise (I added more as per requested by dear husband)
3 clove garlic, grated
3 heaped Tbsp chopped fresh herbs (parsley, dill or whichever combination you prefer)
1/2 tsp salt and black pepper to taste
1. Cut both apples into matchsticks and toss with lemon juice. Chill in fridge.
2. Slice carrots with a fruit peeler or mandolin, then julienne the slices. Cover and keep in fridge.
3. Peel orange with a knife. Cut the skin off until you see the flesh. Then run a small knife between each segment's membrane to retreive the flesh.
4. Combine ingredients for dressing, taste and adjust if needed.
5. Before serving, toss everything together and sprinkle with some extra chopped herbs.
The coleslaw is refreshing and nice, I didnt expect it will finish fast since my SIL had prepared one big bowl of salad. However I felt the garlic taste is over powered so next time I will give garlic a pass.