We had a Christmas Eve party at home and I had prepared western meal for my guests. So this is one of the side dish went with the main course. I didn't have leisure time to take photo since I was rushing to serve, so just quickly took out camera and gave a few shot but due to the lighting issue, only 1 photo can be used :(.
Recipe adapted from Table for Two or More.
4 russet potatoes
4 hard boiled eggs
4 Tbsp butter
Salt and pepper to taste
1. Bring a pot of water to boil (won't need to big a pot, 5-6 cups of water will be sufficient)
2. Peel and cut potato into chunks.
3. When water has come to a boil, put in 1 tsp salt into the water.
4. Put in potatoes and boil until soft.
5. Drain potatoes and put into a mixing bowl.
6. Put in peeled hard boiled eggs and butter into the hot potatoes. Put in 1/3 tsp salt and some pepper.
7. With a mixer, whip the potatoes until they look all mashed up.Taste and adjust if not salty.
8. Serve with roast or just eat it on its own.
The eggs that added really give the mashed potato a nice aroma, yummy but I felt the taste a bit bland. I realised only after the dinner that I forgot to add in salt and pepper lol, so if the condiment has been added the taste will be perfect.