I still have a few baking that done long time ago that need to "get rid" fast. This is one of them, which was baked for dear brother birthday which birthday fall at the same day as dear daughter. I baked it together with the angry birthday cake since they were celebrating together.
I was so stress since I had stopped baking for nearly a year. With a super active new born that needed to breast feed once 2 hourly, I really had hard time to squeeze out my limited free time to do the baking. Luckily everything went well, phew... the birthday boy was so happy to receive the cake. Guess he miss his sis baking so much lol.
I reduced the ingredients to bake a 7" cake but actually the amount can fit into 8" nicely, 7" will yield tall cake that require longer time to bake.
Recipe adapted from Fantastic Cheesecake by Alex Goh
Biscuit Base :
100g Oreo Cookies (minus the creme), crushed
30g unsalted butter
Filling : for 7" or 8" round cake pan
660g cream cheese
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
175g whipping cream
12 pcs oreo cookies, quartered
50g chocolate, melted
1. Press the biscuit base onto the bottom of the springform cake tin. Bake ar 160C for 10 mins and set aside to cool.
2. Cream sugar and cream cheese until smooth. Add vanilla extra and mix until well blended.
3. Add eggs one at a time and cream until smooth.
4. Add whipping cream and cream until well combined.
5. Add oreo cookies and stir until well mixed.
6. Pour the cheese filling into the prepared biscuit base.
7. Bake at 160C for 50 mins or until centre is almost set. Turn off the oven and leave the cake cool in the oven with the door slightly open for 1 hr. (I baked for 1 hr and 10 mins)
8. Run a small knife around the rim of the cake pan to loosen the cake. Set aside to cool.
9. Cover the cake and refrigerate for 5 hours or overnight.
10. Unmould the cake. Pour some chocolate ganache in the center of the cake.
11. Refrigerate it for 2 hours and let the chocolate ganache set.