Age is really catching up that metabolism rate is decreasing, so weight lost is really very challenging for me now than previously. I must really do something to lost all the weight gained, there is no excuse any more since little kicker is already 18 months lol. So I have to slow down (err... actually never be fast lol) on baking cakes, do more on cooking on Sunday instead of dine out heeheehee...
This was one of the cake that I baked for Christmas give-away, and this was one of my favourite cake!
Recipe adapted from 鲸鱼蓝蓝小窝居
200g gula melaka aka palm sugar
100ml coconut milk
50g brown sugar
200g cake flour
50g oatmeal (I used roll oats, you may omit)
20g coconut powder
5g baking powder
1/8 tsp baking soda
adequate shredded coconut (I added this)
1. Cook coconut milk and gula melaka until melt, set aside.
2. Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
3. Add in eggs, one at each time, beat thoroughly after each addition.
4. Fold in sifted flour, baking powder and baking soda, alternate with melted gula melaka, well mixed.
5. Add in oatmeal and mix well.
6. Scoop batter into the cupcake case and fill up 80% full.
7. Sprinkle dessicated coconut on top of the batter.
8. Bake in pre-heated oven at 160C, 20-25 mins for cupcakes or 50 mins for cake pan or until skewer come out clean.
This cake is moist and soft, full of coconut fragrant which I love it so much, especially when I bite into the shredded coconut. 鲸鱼is right, this cake really delicious, another keeper!