I have shared before that my family and myself likes butter cake, so beside the normal butter cake, I am keen to try out different kind of butter cake. When I saw this oat butter cake, I know I need to try it out cos with oats, sound more healthier lol. This cake was baked more than 6 months ago, I still have quite a few of old bakes that still pending to post. I didn't practice 1st in 1st out, I am just jumping here and there sometimes to cut queue posting the latest bakes or cook lol.
1 tbsp condensed milk
50g quick cooking oats
170g cake flour
2 tps baking powder
1 tsp vanilla
1. Greased and lined a 9" round pan.
2. In a pot, bring water, condensed milk and oats to a boil. Stirring constantly and once oats soften. Set
aside to cool.
3. Cream butter and sugar until fluffy.
4. Add in eggs one at a time and beat till it incorporated.
5. Add vanilla.
6. Add oat mixture and mixed till combined.
7. Sift cake flour and baking powder into the butter/oat mixture and fold till combined.
8. Pour into pan and bake for 160 deg for 40 - 45 mins.
This cake is moist, soft with milky taste, no one know there are oats added since hardly can taste it.
Jess, yah lah with oats it sounds like so healthy. Hah! Hah! I am sure it still taste very good but with added fibre from the oats.ReplyDelete
Hope you like it.ReplyDelete
love this healthy version of butter cake, with oat surely yummy, right? enjoy your good time with kids.. :)ReplyDelete
This cake is perfect for breakfast with a cup of hot drink!
I am like you too, have too many drafted posts, some are more than a year...oops! Jump queue too! hahaha!
i like the colour of the crumbs, like gula melaka type..and yes, oats sounds more healthier! LOL! Happy duan wu festival!ReplyDelete
Definitely sounds healthier and it looks very moist and fine. Have a good break!ReplyDelete
This is a healthy cake added with oats. i thinks is good and tasty.ReplyDelete
Yum! would definately try thisReplyDelete
Can nestle nestum be use?ReplyDelete
This is a very healthy butter cake, i like it :)ReplyDelete
oooops I think you wrote out the instructions for 3. wrong :)ReplyDelete