When I did some spring cleaning on my draft box, I realised I still have a lot of backlog that forgot to post. When I look at my photo folder, there are some baking photos that I can't even recall which recipe I used, how is the taste as some I forgot to do a record hahaha.... I think I better clear it fast as now becoming an eye sore to me :P. So please bear with the bad photography for a moment.
Recipe adapted from Table for Two or more.
800gm chicken pieces (I used 6 pieces of maryland chickens and 2 pieces of chicken wings)
1 heaped tsp salt
2 heaped tbsp sugar
2 lemongrass (4 inches from the base)
1 inch ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1. Score few slits on chicken pieces.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with salt, sugar and turmeric.
3. Blend lemongrass, shallots and ginger to a paste. Mix with coconut milk.
4. Put (3) onto marinated chicken and rub it onto chicken pieces and into the slits or whatever crevaces.
5. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Don't marinate too long, the ginger will soften the chicken too much.
6. Rub oil and butter onto chicken before baking. Place chicken pieces onto a baking tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
The chicken smells very nice, smell very much like Malay style chicken. The meat is tender and soft, quite nice to eat.
i love all the ingredients for this chicken... looks so good with that plate of rice there...ReplyDelete
Looks very good! Must be very fragrant from the lemongrass!ReplyDelete
I have to clear lots of photos from my files too! But so lazy to start!
They look fingerlickingly delicious! Love the flavours.ReplyDelete
Jess...this chicken must be full of flavour from the lemongrass...i am drooling too..ReplyDelete
Looks absolutely delicious!ReplyDelete
Jess, the chicken legs look so yummy! Good to makan with rice and some sambal and acar.ReplyDelete
Hi Jessie, I'll try. Thanks for sharing this recipe, better if you can share the roasted chicken, hahaha!ReplyDelete
Roasted chicken, i loves, hehe...ReplyDelete
Wow! the lemongrass and spices used ,indeed make this roasted chicken very flavourful !!
wow, all the thighs..i like! i'm also like you...some old photos never jot down notes..end up never post :(ReplyDelete
I can smell these yummy lemongrass chicken aroma from my iPad...lol
All are chicken thigh, I like like like !
Mmmm... this lemongrass chicken look so delicious! Will bookmark this recipe and try it for my family. I'm sure they will definitely love it!ReplyDelete