When I did some spring cleaning on my draft box, I realised I still have a lot of backlog that forgot to post. When I look at my photo folder, there are some baking photos that I can't even recall which recipe I used, how is the taste as some I forgot to do a record hahaha.... I think I better clear it fast as now becoming an eye sore to me :P. So please bear with the bad photography for a moment.
Recipe adapted from Table for Two or more.
800gm chicken pieces (I used 6 pieces of maryland chickens and 2 pieces of chicken wings)
1 heaped tsp salt
2 heaped tbsp sugar
2 lemongrass (4 inches from the base)
1 inch ginger
1 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsp coconut milk
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp oil
1. Score few slits on chicken pieces.
2. Marinate chicken pieces with salt, sugar and turmeric.
3. Blend lemongrass, shallots and ginger to a paste. Mix with coconut milk.
4. Put (3) onto marinated chicken and rub it onto chicken pieces and into the slits or whatever crevaces.
5. Marinate for 1-2 hours. Don't marinate too long, the ginger will soften the chicken too much.
6. Rub oil and butter onto chicken before baking. Place chicken pieces onto a baking tray.
7. Bake in preheated oven at 200C for 30-40 minutes or until golden.
The chicken smells very nice, smell very much like Malay style chicken. The meat is tender and soft, quite nice to eat.