This was prepared when my SIL and family coming over to my place, and so nice of her and BIL in order not to trouble us, they ordered catering food to my house. Since they already prepared the food, I decided to make some beverages and desserts for them. My nieces and nephew love to eat cheesecake and I believes they will like this cookie dough cheesecake bar since I received a lot of double thumbs up when I prepared for my previous party and also to my colleagues.
Recipe from here with modification and "The Essential Chocolate Chip Cookbook".
1 1/2 cups digestive biscuits (crushed)
5 tbsp or 70g unsalted butter, melted
Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough :
70g salted butter, room temperature
50g light brown sugar
3 tbsp granulated sugar
1/4 tsp salt (I omit since used salted butter)
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
85g plain flour
1 cup chocolate chips
Cheesecake Filling :
285g cream cheese, room temperature (I used only 250g as I do not want to open another pack just to use 35g)
1 large egg, room temperature
1 tsp homemade vanilla extract
1. Line an 8" square baking pan with parchment paper or foil allowing a little overhang and grease the pan. Set aside. (As I am using removable base baking pan so I didn't line the baking paper)
2. Mix the melted butter and digestive biscuit crumbs until thoroughly combined. Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan. Bake in preheated oven for 6 minutes. Remove pan to a cooling rack.
3. While the crust is cooling, prepare the chocolate chip cookie dough. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar, granulated sugar, salt and vanilla until smooth and thoroughly combined, about 1 minute. Mix in the flour on low speed, and mix until just incorporated. Mix in the chocolate chips. Set aside.
4. In the bowl of a stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment or in a large bowl with an electric mixer cream together the cream cheese and sugar until smooth. Mix in the egg and vanilla on low speed just until incorporated. Pour the cheesecake batter into the prepared crust. Using your hand to form clumps. Flatten the clumps of dough in your palms to flatten them out a bit. Distribute the cookie dough onto the top of the cheesecake batter. Be sure to use all of the dough. You will cover most of the cheesecake batter.
5. Bake at preheated oven at 160C for about 30 minutes, until the top feels dry and firm (the cookie dough) and the entire pan looks set if given a gentle shake. Move bars to a cooling rack and allow to cool completely.
6. Lift the bars out by the overhang; slice into desired size and store in the refrigerator. Serve cold or at room temperature
Everyone loves this cookie dough cheesecake bar, my sil who don't really like cheesecake even gives a thumb up, my bil who seldom sound out also praised it, my nieces and nephew of course like it too as they had multiple servings. When I bite into it, then I realised how much I miss it :P.
I'm linking this post to Cook-Your-Books #16 organised by Joyce from Kitchen Flavours.
This post in joining Best Recipes for Everyone September Event : Chocolate Wonderland
Hosted by Xuan Hom’s Mum Kitchen Diary