I didn't manage to find my mould, haiz... a small storeroom piling up with tons of stuff, I think is challenging to find it. After hunting for sometimes, I finally give up as may be it has threw away by dear husband when he cleared the storeroom sometimes ago, as the mould is very old that was hand me down by someone, and most importantly, it has not been used ever since passed to me lol. Thus I decided to get one but luck is not at my side again, can't find it at the shops near my house. However, I managed to get one which is aluminum version that I can't bake from the stove.
Eileen told me beside May's version, there is another version from her and Joceline. Thinking to bake only one version but ended up baking both hahahah....
My colleague gave me a packet of pumpkin floss, I only remembered during the last pouring of mixture so can only drizzled on 2 kuih :P
Recipe adapted from 厨苑食谱 and Helene's Kitchen
1 cups of flour
1/2 cup of mashed cooked pumpkin
200ml coconut milk
1.5 large eggs
1 tbsp melted butter, plus some to grease the mould
pinch of salt
sesame seeds (optional)
1. Pre-heat oven to 165C and greased a baking pan.
2. Using a hand whisk to mix all the above ingredients except butter and sesame seeds until well combined. Add in oil and mix well.
3. Put the greased pan into oven to heat for 2-3 mins. Pour mixture into the hot baking pan (till full) and sprinkle with some sesame seeds.
4. Bake until golden brown or skewer comes out clean when tested. (Bahulu mould takes about 20 mins)
1. I missed out putting in the melted butter, I only realised this mistake when I was trying to type out the recipe, really cannot bake in rush hahaha.....
2. I baked at 200C for 20 mins as if is using 165C, my kuih are very pale in color.
3. My aluminum pan can make 40+ pieces.
These kuih are quite nice to eat, it seem that will automatically pop another one in your mouth after finish one hahaha...
I will share another version tomorrow.
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Eileen's Diary.
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.