Dear daughter loves to eat hee pan and to support Eileen, of course need to make pumpkin flavour again. Instead of the original flavour, I thinking should make soda version instead. I thought there is still a bottle of ice cream soda left at home but when I checked, it was gone. Luckily there is still a bottle of 7-up, so I decided to use 7-up instead.
Recipe adapted from here and here.
250g plain flour, sifted
250g glutinous rice flour, sifted
130g castor sugar
6g instant yeast
30g canola oil
Banana leaves or parchment paper or cupcake case
Method :1. Dissolve the instant yeast in 50ml 7-up, mix well.
2. Remove the pumpkin skin, cut pumpkin into small pieces, steamed for 10 mins until soft, mash with fork. Let it cool and set aside.
3. Wash and clean the banana leaves, steam to soften and cut into square.
4. Mix plain flour, glutinous rice flour, sugar, pumpkin puree, yeast water and knead into dough, add in the balance 7-up slowly and knead till dough is smooth.
5. Add in oil bit by bit, mix well with the dough. If dough is too sticky, use the plastic spatula to scrape.
6. Divide dough into 50g portions (do not need to proof), brush some oil on palm and roll into balls.
7. Place the ball onto the greased banana leaves or parchment paper and flatten it using palm.
8. Let the shaped hee pan proof for 25-30 mins.
9. Use finger to press the hee pan, fermented hee pan will be spongy, once ready can start to boil water in the steamer.
10. Once water is boiled, steam the hee pan for 12 mins at medium low heat. Turn off the fire immediately. 11. Do not remove the hee pan from the steamer.
12. Open the steamer lid a bit for 5 mins, then remove the lid carefully not to let water drip on the hee pan.
13. Remove the hee pan and cool on the rack.
The hee pan is very soft and chewy, so delicious, even my mil also praised it, she said 越做越美 hahaha....
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Eileen's Diary.
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.