I didn't know the 1st and last time I baked the pumpkin bread was almost a year ago, that was Jessie's recipe. Since this is pumpkin month, of course pumpkin bread is one of the cannot be missed item! I took the recipe from Jessie again lol.
I am going in for meeting soon, cannot"eat snake" to do blog visiting, hope I can be out by lunch time to do the blog hopping heeheehee....
Recipe from Jessie Cooking Moments and Helena's Kitchen
500g bread flour
100g mashed pumpkin, sifted (I didn't sift)
80g egg + some extra for egg wash
80g caster sugar
2 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp salt
6g instant dried yeast
40g butter, chopped
1. Place all main ingredients, except butter in a big mixing bowl. With low speed, knead until a smooth and ightly elastic dough is formed.
2. Add butter and knead until the dough has become elastic & it can be stretched out to a transparent sheet like bubble gum.
3. Add raisins and mix.
4. Place dough in a greased bowl. Spray with some water & let to proof in a warm place until double in size, about 1 hour.
5. Remove air bubbles.
6. Divide dough into the desire portions in same weight Rest for 10 minutes.
7. Shaped the dough and place in the greased baking pan. Repeat for the rest of the dough.
8. Spray with some water and let to proof until double in size, about 40 minutes.
9. Brush some egg wash on top, follow by sprinkle of sesame seeds.
10. Bake in a 175C preheated oven until golden, about 16 minutes.
1. I divided the dough into 2 portions, in 8" square pan, I shaped round 9 x 40g dough. I drizzle a lot of sugar and cheddar cheese ass topping. For this, I had over baked that's why the top was a bit too browned.
2. For the balance dough I shaped in oblong shaped and used in 6" square pan.
3. The dough is very sticky so I had to add in some bread flour.
The bread is still stay soft in 2 days, I cannot tell is it still soft after that as the bread was finished within 2 days. Actually the one with sugar and cheese topping, finished within a day. I baked in the morning, brought some to my mum place. I got to eat one while I was shooting then no chance to eat more cos when I was back from my mum's place, the bread was gone lol. Definitely a keeper!
This post is linked to the event, Little Thumbs Up organised by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by Eileen's Diary.
& co-hosted by Charmaine of Mimi Bakery House.