I actually thought that I will post all about pumpkin for Oct month but I just realised this hee pan from my pool of backlog postsm which was made quite sometimes ago. Must faster post it up to catch the event of Bun in My Hot Steamer.
As dear daughter love to eat hee pan, when I saw Joceline posted using ice cream soda, it attracted me to make it for my daughter. I made twice, once using concentrated pandan extract which is from Joceline, once using Crystal's method of using a few pandan leaves to cook with the water for 10 mins and also added in 1 tsp pandan extract and 1 drop green coloring.
Recipe adapted from Butter, Flour and Me and 厨房找快乐
125g plain flour, sifted
125g gluntinous flour, sifted
60g castor sugar
4g instant yeast
50g concentrated pandan extract (10 pandan leaves blend into juice and kept in fridge for a few days and only used the concentrated bottom layer)
125ml ice cream soda
15g corn oil
panadn leaves 10 pieces
1. Mix the instant yeast into pandan extract and stir to mix well.
2. Add both types of flour, castor sugar and pandan mixture into the mixing bowl.
3. Pour in the ice cream soda slowly and knead until form into dough.
4. Add in the corn oil slowly and knead till dough is smooth.
5. Divide dough into 10 portions, each about 50g, brush some oil on palm and roll into balls.
6. Place the ball onto the greased banana leaves and flatten it using palm.
7. Place the hee pan into the steamer tray, cover and rest for 35-40 mins. Use finger to press the hee pan, fermented hee pan will be spongy.
8. Once is ready can start to boil the water.
9. Once water is boiled, put back the steamer tray into the steamer and steam the hee pan for 12 mins at medium fire.
10. Turn off the fire immediately. Open the steamer lid a bit for 5-10 mins, then remove the lid carefully not to let water drip on the hee pan.
11. Remove the hee pan and cool on the rack.
The hee pan is as nice as the previous pandan hee pan I made, can't recall exactly what is the different but dear daughter like it a lot too. For this recipe, using concentrated pandan extract is so much fragrance than just using the pandan water, the pandan taste for the pandan water version is very very mild. And with the added green coloring, although is just a drop but looks so artificial and scaring lol compared to Crystal's one, may be her a drop is a small small drop but I put too big a drop hahaha...
This post in joining Best Recipes for Everyone October Event : Bun In My Hot Steamer
Hosted by Xuan Hom’s Mum Kitchen Diary