In order to have post to submit to Little ThumbsUp and Best Recipe for Everyone, and I am lazy to search for recipe, so I decide to make the banana hee pan modify from the purple sweet potato hee pan recipe.
250g plain flour, sifted
250g glutinous rice flour, sifted
120g castor sugar
225g mashed ripe banana (instead of using only 150g, I used all the puree from 3 big banana so that do not need to keep the balance)
6g instant yeast (or 1 1/2 tsp)
30g sunflower oil banana leaves (cut, washed and steamed)
2. Mix plain flour, glutinous rice flour, sugar, sweet potato puree, yeast water and knead into dough, add in the balance sprite and water slowly and knead till dough is smooth.
3. Add in oil bit by bit, mix well with the dough. If dough is too sticky, use the plastic spatula to scrape. (I used my KA mixer to do the job)
4. Divide dough into 50g portions (do not need to proof), brush some oil on palm and roll into balls.
5. Place the ball onto the greased banana leaves or parchment paper and flatten it using palm.
6. Let the shaped hee pan proof for 25-30 mins.
7. Use finger to press the hee pan, fermented hee pan will be spongy, once ready can start to boil water in the steamer.
8. Once water is boiled, steam the hee pan for 12 mins at medium low heat. Turn off the fire immediately. 9. Do not remove the hee pan from the steamer.
10. Open the steamer lid a bit for 5 mins, then remove the lid carefully not to let water drip on the hee pan.
11. Remove the hee pan and cool on the rack.
The dough is super soft and sticky, I didn't even press the shaped hee pan and it flatten itself :(. The color of the hee pan is so dull, not pretty to look at however the taste is still good, with hint of banana fragrance.
I'm submitting this post to :
Best Recipes for Everyone ～ March 2015
Event Theme: My Favourite Traditional Kueh
organized by Fion of XuanHom’s Mom and co-hosted by Joceline - Butter, Flour & Me.
Little Thumbs Up ～ March 2015
Event Theme : Banana
organized by Bake for Happy Kids and My Little Favourite DIY, and hosted by hosted by Bitter Sweet Spicy
hosted by Faeez from Bitter Sweet Spicy at this post. - See more at: http://www.bakeforhappykids.com/2015/03/chocolate-banana-chiffon-cupcakes.html#sthash.5nQHWehP.dpuf
So far, i only tried making hee pan once...ReplyDelete
Banana hee pan ? new flavour! I can see the texture is soft .
Thumbs up for your daring to try new flavour .
真的好特别哦。。。 新口味的喜粄。。 很赞吧。。。 有机会我要 try 。。 哈哈哈ReplyDelete
Good thinking Jess! This is a great modification. Although the colour is a little plain but I like the contrast of colour with the red stamp.ReplyDelete
Wish I had a proper steamer to make this! They look so festive and pretty.ReplyDelete
This is a very creative,1st time saw banana use to make hee banReplyDelete
Good day! I was so impressed to see a very well-presented dishes that is absolutely tasty and delicious. You've done a great job.Well, thank you for sharing your talent and article it is very well appreciated. You can also visit my site if you have time.ReplyDelete