This is the recipe that I had promised to post the recipe up ASAP but was on hold due to my busy schedule.
I always think that Mrs Ngsk Butter Cake is the best, I won't be fell in love with another butter cake until I met this Perfect Butter Cake. This recipe really lives up with its name, it is really PERFECT! I have not tried yet bake these 2 recipes together to have a taste test but base on my memory, I am hands down on this perfect butter cake. If not of this recipe requires additional egg yolks, which making the left over of eggwhites (which I have a lot of stock in the freezer) and also the extra steps to bake the cake, I will definitely go after this cake when I am craving of butter cake. So for now, Mrs Ngsk butter cake still also my favorite heehee...
Recipe adapted from 星厨房
Ingredients : for 7" square cake pan
3 egg yolks
1.5 tsp milk / water
225g unsalted butter
150 caster sugar
1/2 tsp salt
180 top / cake flour (sifted with baking powder for 3 times)
3/4 tsp baking powder
1. Whisk eggs, egg yolks and water/milk in medium speed for about 5 mins until thick and pale, double to triple volume. Set aside.
2. Cream the butter (I used hard butter, straight from fridge) and sugar until pale and fluffy, about 10 mins.
3. Add no. 1 in a few additional to no. 2, beat for 10 mins.
4. Add in salt and beat for awhile.
5. Add in the flour and baking power in 3 additional and mix until well incorporated.
6. Pour the batter into the baking pan and bake in pre-heated oven at 150C for 35-40 mins or the skewer come out clean.
7. Cool the cake at the wire rack.
1. after done with the step 1, do not need to clean/wash the mixing bowl, use it straight to cream the butter.
2. if afraid of eggy smell, you may add in 1 tsp vanilla extract in step 1.
3. the method of beating eggs separately before mix into the butter, is more easier to incorporate both the mixtures.
4. must sift the flour for 3 times so that the cake will be soft, will not be dried and crumbly.
5. the cake taste even better the next day.
The cake is moist, buttery and very soft with very fine texture and a fragrance (is it due to the additional of egg yolks or the method of beating the mixture?). This cake is very addictive to my family, we can easily gobble down a few slices at one go (this is why my waistline keep expanding lol). If you are a butter cake lover, it is a must to try this out! Please use a good butter to maximize the taste, I used President Butter which is one of my favourite butter.