Need to bake for give-away and it was during weekday so naturally, will choose the easy recipe :).
Recipe adapted from here with modification.
Ingredients (makes 12 muffins)
250g plain flour
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp baking soda
2 tbsp cocoa powder
100g brown sugar
75g muscovado sugar
6 packets of oreo cookies, crushed
1 cup milk
90ml vegetable oil
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Preheat the oven at 180C.
2. In a mixing bowl, add in the flour, baking powder, baking soda, cocoa powder, sugar, and crushed oreo cookies and mix well.
3. Pour all the liquid ingredients into a measuring jug and mix well.
4. Mix the dry and wet ingredients together with slow and gentle strokes. Stop stirring once the last traces of flour disappear. Do not over mix. A lumpy batter will ensure the muffins stay moist and fluffy.
5. Fill up the muffin cases 70% full with the mixture.
5. Bake for about 20 mins or until the muffins are dark, risen and springy.
Same like the chocolate chips version, this muffin is soft and moist, I prefer to heat it up a bit before consume.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.