This was baked during the craze period of salted egg on year 2016.
Salted Egg Custard Filling
Recipe adapted from Delishar
2 salted egg, cooked and mashed
3 tbsp sugar
2 tbsp custard powder
2.5 tbsp milk powder
1 tsp corn flour
40g butter, soften
1.5 tbsp coconut milk
1. Whisk milk powder, custard powder and corn flour.2. Add butter, sugar, yolk, coconut milk in a food processor and mix until well combined.
3. Transfer the mixture to a mixing bowl.
4. Mix in the custard mixture until well combined,
5. Transfer into container and freezer for at least 3 hours.
6. When frozen, portion out about 1 tablespoon size into plastic bag or cling wrap and shape it into ball.
Gold Butter Cake
Recipe adapted from MyMind Patch
270g unsalted butter, softened
165g fine sugar
1/4 tsp salt
5 beaten eggs
270g top/cake flour
2 1/4 tsp baking powder
45g fresh milk
1.5 tsp vanilla extract
- Whip softened butter till light.
- Add fine sugar and salt, continue to whip till pale and creamy.
- Add in beaten egg, in several small portions, and mix well.
- Mix and loosen top/cake flour with baking powder using a hand whisk. Fold in the flour mixture, in several additions, to the batter. Avoid over mixing the batter.
- Fold in milk and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the batter and half-filled the cupcake case into cupcake.
- Place 1 salted egg salted ball into the batter, then spoon the batter and fill the cupcake case to about 2/3 the height of the cupcake case.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 180 degree Celsius for about 20 to 25 minutes at middle rack, or till the top becomes golden.
- Allow the cupcakes to cool down
Verdict?The butter cake was soft and moist, with the salted egg custard filling, tasted heavenly.