Recipe from Jane's Corner
250g bread flour
50g mashed potato
75g water (the water that used to boil the potato)
1 tbsp milk powder
½ tsp salt
1 tbsp instant yeast
Custard Topping :
25g instant custard powder
- Mix well and pour into the pipping bag
1. Place all main ingredients, except butter in a big mixing bowl. With low speed, knead until a smooth and slightly elastic dough is formed.
2. When the dough looks smooth and slightly elastic, add butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth, glossy and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
3. Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof until double in size, about 60 mins.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface. Gently press the dough to remove air bubble. Divide the dough into 12 portions.
5. Roll each small dough into balls and place into the baking pan. Spray with some water, cover with cling wrap and let to proof for 35 mins.
6. Brush the bread with egg wash, pipe the custard cream on the bread, rest for 10 mins.
7. Bake in a 170C preheated oven until golden, about 15-20 minutes.
10. Remove from oven and place on the wire rack to cool down.
11. Keep in air-tight container after completely cool.
The dough is very sticky so I had to add in some bread flour.