Ingredients : 8" chiffon cake pan
5 egg yolks
10g caster sugar
40g corn or sunflower oil
1/8 tsp salt
60g cake flour
30g rice flour 在来米粉/粘米粉
50g lemon juice
1 lemon zest
5 egg whites
85g caster sugar
1 tsp lemon juice or vinegar
1. Sift cake flour and rice flour twice.
2. Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
3. Add in oil, salt, lemon juice, lemon zest, water and mix well.
4. Sift in flour mixture and whisk well.
5. Divide the batter in 5 portions. Mix in your desire rainbow wilton colors. Pastel shades only require a tiny bit of the colors.
6.In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
7. Divide the meringue into 5 portions. Gently but quickly fold in the meringue into the 5 colors batter. You need to work very fast for the meringue not to deflate.
8. Pour each of the batter mixture into the cake pan.
9. Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
10. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
11. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.