Adapted from here
Ingredients : 8" square pan
240 brown sugar & demera sugar
1/2 tsp salt
340g plain flour + 2 tsp baking powder, sifted
6 eggs, lightly beaten
2 tbsp instant coffee powder
2 tbsp Kahlua/rum
4 tbsp ground almond
2 tbsp fresh milk
Almond flakes for topping
1. Cream butter, sugar and salt at medium speed until light and fluffy.
2. Gradually add beaten eggs little by little until combined and add coffee powder and kahlua it and mix well.
3. Sift the plain flour and baking powder the second time directly to the batter with ground almond and gently fold well with a rubber spatula.
4. Then add 1 tbsp fresh milk into it and fold the batter to smooth.
5. Pour batter into prepared cake pan or cupcake cases and sprinkle almond flakes on top.
6. Bake at preheated oven at 190C for 10 minutes. Then reduce temperature to 170C and bake for another 25 - 30 minutes or skewer inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.
7. Leave cake to cool in cake pan for 10 minutes and remove cake, then place on to rack to cool completely.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.