Recipe adapted from Anncoo Journal
Ingredients: yield about 58pcs 9-10g each
150g plain flour
120g butter, softened
50g icing sugar
a pinch of salt
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
50g ground almonds
- Preheat oven to 160C. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Beat butter, icing sugar, salt and vanilla extract until softened.
- Fold flour and ground almonds into butter mixture using a spatula.
- Wrap dough with cling film and refrigerate for about 20 minutes.
- Roll chilled dough into a long cylinder about 3 cm in diameter. Slice roll and weigh the pieces to check they are uniform in size, about 8g each.
- Shape dough pieces into balls and place in alternating rows on prepared baking tray to ensure good distribution of oven heat for even baking.
- Bake cookies for 20 minutes, then remove from heat and leave to cool on a wire rack.
- Once cooled, dust cookies with icing sugar and store in an airtight container to keep them crisp.