Recipe adapted from 圆猪猪的小厨房
Ingredients: for 2 x 6” round pan with removable bottom
200g bread flour
50g cake flour
35g caster sugar
3g instant yeast
Cream Cheese Filling :
180g cream cheese
18g icing sugar
Milk Powder Finishing :
30g milk powder
7g Icing sugar
Method for Bread :
- Place all main ingredients, except butter in a big mixing bowl. With low speed, knead until a smooth and slightly elastic dough is formed.
- When the dough looks smooth and slightly elastic, add butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth, glossy and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
- Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof until double in size, about 60 mins.
- Place the dough on a floured surface. Gently press the dough to remove air bubble. Divide the dough into 2.
- Place the dough on the greased round pan.
- Spray with some water and let to proof until double in size, about 45 - 60 mins.
- Place at the bottom rack, bake in pre-heated oven at 170C for about 23 mins.
- Remove from oven and place on the wire rack to cool down.
Method for Fillings and Finishing :
- Cubed the soften cream cheese, add in the icing sugar, beat under hot water bath until smooth.
- Add in the milk slowly, whisk to well mixed.
- Chill in fridge for 30 mins.
- Sift the milk powder and icing sugar into a plate.
- Slice the cooled bread into 4 equal portions.
- Take each portion and make 2 slits (do not cut through)
- Spread filling into the slits
- Then spread filling onto the sides of the bread
- Finally, press sides of the bread onto sifted milk powder mixture