Recipe adapted from The Kitchen 70's, originated from 妃娟与大小拉拉的网路日志
400g bread flour
100g pumpkin puree
20g milk powder
6g instead yeast
Garlic butter : adapted from Cathy Joy
50g minced garlic
70g Cowhead salted butter, soften
- mix all ingredients and well combined
1. Place all main ingredients, except butter in a big mixing bowl. With low speed, knead until a smooth and slightly elastic dough is formed.
2. When the dough looks smooth and slightly elastic, add butter. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth, glossy and elastic, until reach windowpane stage.
3. Shape the dough into ball and place it in a greased bowl, spray some water at the dough and cover with a wet towel or cling wrap. Let it proof until double in size, about 60 mins.
4. Place the dough on a floured surface. Gently press the dough to remove air bubble. Divide the dough into 2 portions.
5. Shaped the dough. Proof for another 1 hr.
6. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 20mins.
7. Cut the bread on a diagonal into 2cm diamonds but do not cut all the way through the bread.
8. Use your fingers to pry open each crack & spread some garlic butter & cheese.
9. Wrap with foil & bake @ 180C for 20mins until cheese has melted. Unwrap & bake for another 5mins.