Recipe modified from Butter Flour and Me
5 egg yolk
40g coconut oil
100g cake flour
10g corn flour
A pinch of salt
80g gula melaka _ 1 tbsp water (pre-melted)
1 tbsp desiccated coconut
5 egg white
40g caster sugar
A few drop of lemon juice
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
- Add in coconut oil, salt, gula melaka mixture and mix well.
- Sift in flour and corn flour and whisk well, set aside.
- Add in desiccated coconut and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
- Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
- Fold in 1/2 of meringue with the spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour the batter in the cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
- Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
- Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.