Recipe adapted from 小雨伞
50g warm water
30g cocoa powder
100g cake flour
30g caster sugar
½ tsp corn flour
4 egg yolks
Adequate chocolate chips
4 egg whites
60g caster sugar
A few drop lemon juice/vinegar
- Ingredients A stir and well combined.
- Ingredient B sifted
- Put ingredients C in the mixing bowl, mix well and add in step 1 & 2. Mix until no lump and well combined. The batter will be slightly thicken but still watery.
- Mixed in Ingredients D.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vingear till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
- Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
- Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 25 mins and 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15 mins)
- 10. Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
- 11. Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.