5 egg yolks
20g caster sugar
100g cake flour
5 egg whites
60g caster sugar
75g dried cranberries
- Mix egg yolks and sugar in a bowl, whisk till sugar has dissolved.
- Add in oil, salt, yogurt and mix well.
- Sift in flour mixture and whisk well.
- Add in dried cranberries and mix well.
- In another bowl, beat the egg whites and lemon juice/vinegar till frothy. Add in sugar gradually and beat until approaching stiff peaks (meringue stand straight with a little curve at the tip) or till stiff peaks (this stage is a bit difficult to fold with egg yolk mixture).
- Use whisk to loosen the egg yolk batter a bit, then take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well with egg yolk batter.
- Fold in 1/2 of meringue and use a silicone spatula, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour the batter from a considerable height into cake pan, lightly shake it left and right to level the cake, then gently bang the cake pan on the table top to release air bubbles.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 100C at center rack for 30 mins. Then adjust to 160C for 15-20 mins. (I off the top heat element and on it back during the last 15-20 mins)
- Remove the cake pan from oven, drop it from high side to prevent the cake shrink too much during cool process.
- Turn the cake pan upside down and cool completely before remove from the cake pan.