Recipe adapted from Nasi Lemak Lover
4 egg yolks
15g caster sugar
35g sunflower oil
80g self-raising flour
40g roasted hazelnut (roast at a pre-heated oven 180C for 3mins, remove skin)
10g corn flour
4 egg white
60g caster sugar
2 tsp cocoa powder
- Put the self raising flour, corn flour and roasted hazelnuts in a food processor, and whizz until the nuts are finely ground.
- Add in sugar into egg yolks, immediately lightly whisk the egg yolks and sugar till light.
- Add in the oil, mix well. Then add in milk, stir well to combine. Add in flour mixture, stir to well combine.
- Beat egg whites till foamy, gradually add in sugar in there batches and continue beat until soft peak formed.
- Take 1/3 of meringue and use a hand whisk to mix well and lighten the egg yolk batter.
- Now change hand whisk to a silicone spatula, fold in 1/3 of meringue, gently fold with egg yolk batter till slightly combined. Fold in the balance meringue and gently fold till well combined.
- Pour 1/3 cake batter into chiffon pan, sift a thin layer of cocoa powder on it. Repeat the rest of layers.
- Bake at pre-heated oven at 170c for 45mins at middle rack or until cooked.
- Once done, turn your chiffon tin upside down and cool completely before remove from the tin.
Post a Comment
Thank you for dropping by.