250g plain flour
140g caster sugar
1 tsp baking powder20g milk
1 tsp vanilla extract
* Blueberry Compote :
200g fresh or frozen blueberries + 4 tbsp sugar + 2 tsp lemon juice cook in a saucepan at low heat. Stir constantly and cook until the blueberries have burst and oozed out the juices. Once it thicken, remove from fire and let cool for later use.
1. Preheat the oven to 170°C.
2. Beat the butter with the castor sugar at high speed for about 10 mins until white and fluffy.
3. Add in egg one at a time, mix well.
4. Fold in half portion of the sieved flour and baking powder and mix well.
5. Then add in milk and vanilla extract and mix well.
6. Fold the balance flour and mix well.
7. Pour 3/4 of the batter into a greased cake pan.
8. Spread the blueberry compote evenly on the batter.
9. Pour the balance batter to cover the blueberry compote.
10. Bake for about 35-40 mins.
11. Cool the cake at wire rack.
cooking of blueberries drop the blueberries compote on the cake batter
Dear husband and dear brother kept praising this cake, moist and soft, refreshing with the blueberries compote.